Friday, January 2, 2009

Winter Blahs

We're emerging from the winter doldrums here on the west coast. Normally we look forward to copious amounts of rain and temps in the 40F/5C range. The past two weeks we've had snow. Ugh. As a transplant from a more continental (read: cold in winter and hot in summer) climate, I LOVE living where we seldom get snow. Thus the past two weeks have been especially taxing to me. Add in the fact that Soulmate used his vacation to tile our countertops and we had no kitchen sink for a week and you can see that it's been hard to keep my sun-loving chin up.




Now, however, the snow is gone and the sink is back along with our lovely new tile counters. Life is good again.

Fish has decided that he wants to nurse all night for the past three nights. I'm hoping this is signaling some sort of developmental milestone (rolling over?) and is NOT a permanent state of affairs. I've given up on sleep for the moment (hence the wee-hours blogfest).

No comments: